PTA @ MS 246
Research shows when parents are involved in their child's education and partner with their child's school, children do better and enjoy school more. Therefore, the mission of the Walt Whitman Middle School PTA is to empower parents as their child's first teacher - thus making them great partners in education while increasing student achievement!
To support/work with our parents, we:
- Partner with local organizations/groups to provide resources
- Hold monthly PTA Meetings (information below)
- Have a Parent Resource Room, where parents are not only empowered in ways that help them improve educational outcomes for their children but also in ways that help them better themselves.
- Involve parents in our SLT, and Senior Graduation Committee (as well as other Committees in the school)
- Hold parent socials/outing events that allow our parents to network with each other
We Love Our Parents!
New Mask Mandate - March 4, 2022
Our “Stay Safe, Stay Open” plan has succeeded in allowing us to keep New York City public schools open and remain among the safest places for young people to be during the COVID-19 pandemic. As our schools did their part in reducing transmission rates, so have New Yorkers as a whole. We are pleased to announce that as a result, we will be implementing changes in our current COVID-19 health and safety policies in our schools in accordance with the latest guidance.
NYC DOE FAMILY UPDATES
The Next PTA Meeting will be on TBD