Quick Links for Remote Learning
How Do I Sign on to Google Classroom?
1. Go to classroom.google.com
2. Click Go to Classroom.
- Enter your username and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- Enter your Classroom Code/ Accept your teachers invitation
- If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- If you're using a G Suite for Education account, click I'm A Student
- Click Get Started.
How does my child complete the attendance?
There is a Google Form for each class that students must complete each day. It will be posted on their teacher’s Class Stream. After they click on the form, they enter their name and select their class. They should complete this form daily.
Homework & Assignments
Where can I see if my child has homework for the day on Google Classroom or if my child is missing any assignments?
As a guardian, you can receive email summaries showing your student’s progress in Google Classroom. Share your email address with your child’s teacher to start receiving these reports.
Note: You can only receive summaries for students using Classroom with a G Suite account. For details, see About Classroom user accounts.
- You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly. Note: Daily means Monday to Friday. You won't receive email summaries on Saturdays or Sundays.
- You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers
Is there more than one way to join a Meet?
For safety, students can only enter a Google Meet if there is a teacher present. Their teachers will post the link to enter the Virtual Classroom on their Class Stream.
How does my child submit homework on google classroom?
Staying Up to Date
Is there a central location that parents can check for up to date information from both the DOE and Walt Whitman?
What if my child and I do not speak English. Is there anyone who can help us?
Yes, Contact Parent Coordinator Ms. Vixamar (email@example.com)
Is there a contact number for the parent coordinator/ important personnel at the school?
Yes there is a staff directory with all staff emails on the school's website: Staff Directory
How do I help my child to navigate Google Classroom when there is a language barrier?
Open your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
Click Data & personalization.
Scroll down to the General preferences for the web panel.
Select Edit .
Choose your language from the dropdown box, and click Select.
If you understand multiple languages, select Add another language.